Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day, A Cold, and A Slight Injury


Hey guys!

First off, I won't be finishing the August Photo-A-Day Challenge, for reasons later explained in this post. 

Yesterday we all got together at my great aunt and uncle's house for Labor Day!

Sarah and Lauren playing Cornhole!
Mary and second cousin Hadessah swinging!
Um... Yeah. I saw this nail and was like "Man, I should take a picture of that nail!" LOL
A sea of Raspberry lemonade.
From left to right: Ryan, who is my first cousin once removed, my dad, my papa, and my one of my great uncles.
Hula-hooping!!!
Look at all the yummy food!
Oh, how I love Coleslaw.
Let me just say that this was a really good cookie!
We usually eat out on the deck, but it started to drizzle... so some of us pulled up chairs in the garage and ate on the pingpong table!
Mary and Hadessah! (Taken with my ipod)
My second cousin Maddox! He's so cute :) (taken with my ipod)
Mary and second cousin Luke! (Take with my ipod)
After it stopped raining, I took some raindrop pictures!
A wet deck.
Weee!!
Towards the end of the afternoon, some of us decided to play volleyball.

After playing 3 games, I was kinda tired. I debated sitting the last game out, and now I wish I had.

Halfway through the game, the ball came flying right towards me. I don't know why, but for some reason I hit the ball with only one hand.

Suddenly, it was like my ears just turned off. I didn't pay one bit attention where that ball went (it did go over the net, so they told me later). My wrist was killing me. I was just kinda holding it with my other hand. At first, I couldn't even wiggle my fingers.

I left the game, and went and sat on the deck. Slowly it got a little better, to where I could actually move my fingers. But boy did it hurt.

I put some ice on it, and it actually didn't swell. I think I pulled a muscle or something.


I went home and just kinda laid on the couch. I had a bad cold. My nose was running. My wrist hurt. And, I had a fever. 

So, that is why I won't be finishing the Photo-A-Day Challenge. To be honest, I just don't feel like taking any pictures right now. :) I do feel a little better today, since I am on the computer writing this post. 

So, that was my day yesterday. :) What was your Labor Day like?

Later,
Kathryn (aka Chatty Kathy)

14 chatty people:

Madeline said...

My Labor Day was pretty boring. ;)
I'm sorry about your wrist! I hope it gets better soon!!!

Anna said...

We went somewhere....... ;)
Hope your wrist starts feeling better and heals soon! Man, I do love volleyball, though. =D Love the pictures!!

Jessica said...

love these pictures! praying that your wrist will get better.(:
~Jess~

Our Family said...

Sorry to hear about your cold. We enjoyed a fun(88 degree) Labor Day, at a park with some friends from church, playing baseball....etc.

Sapphire

P.S. check out our blog soon, I'm going to put out a post about it soooon!!!

Zoë said...

Happy Labor Day!
We had a movie night at our house, it was awesome ;)
Hope your wrist feels better! Prayers.

•Maddie• said...

Praying for your wrist!!! Love the pictures!!! The picture of your cousin and your sister Lauren: I LOVE YOUR SISTERS HAIR CUT!!!!!
We had a pretty lame Labor Day:-D...

Nine said...

Oh dear...hope your wrist feels better soon!!
xx

Katherine said...

Great pictures and it looked like a blast!! Sorry about your wrist though. :/

Laura said...

Nice pictures! Mary is so cute :) Hope your wrist gets better!
-Laura
P.S. I awarded you at my blog
http://raindropsinthecountry.blogspot.com/2012/09/awards.html

Go Bold said...

aww!I loved all your pictures Kat! the celabrations you have always look so fun!
I wish I was there. !

and I love coleslaw!



Unknown said...

Hey, I awarded you! http://laurens-weird-life.blogspot.com/2012/09/awarded.html

Liz said...

Well, it looks like you had lots of fun, except for the wrist thing! :(

My labor day was BORIIINNGGG... LOL :P Well, at least I didn't have to do school and my dad was home from work. :D

<3 Elizabeth

Not a real account said...

Aww... Looks like fun though I hope your ok!!! My labor day was BORING!!!! But I'm glad you had fun! And I awarded you at my blog!

Autumn said...

Oh, Kathy, I hope you're feeling better!
I have an important question to ask you. I am part of a photography blog and I was wondering if you were interested in joining it. I really love your pictures, and I think you'd be a great addition to the blog. Please let me know by emailing me at aj.means.pink@gmail.com!

-A.J.

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com