Wednesday, November 20, 2013

old movies.


We all have those handful of movies that you watched all the time when you were little. Here are a few of mine that bring back so many memories.

The Sound of Music:

Maria
The children, Maria and Captain von Trapp
Maria

Quote:

Captain von Trapp: Fraulein Maria, did I or did I not say that bedtime is to be strictly observed in this household?
Maria: Yes, well the children were scared of the thunderstorm and... You did, sir.
Captain von Trapp: And do you or do you not have trouble following these simple instructions?
Maria: Only during thunderstorms, sir.

Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea:

Anne
Diana and Anne
Anne and Gil
Quote:

(Anne of Green Gables)
Anne Shirley: I thought nothing could be as bad as red hair. Green is ten times worse.

(Anne of Avonlea)

Gilbert Blythe: It'll be three years before I finish medical school. Even then there won't be any diamond sunbursts or marble halls.
Anne Shirley: I don't want diamond sunbursts or marble halls. I just want you.

Singing in the Rain:

Don, Kathy and Cosmo
Don and Lina
Kathy and Don

Quote:

(after filming a love scene)
Lina: Oh Donny! You couldn't kiss me like that and not mean it just a teensy bit!
Don Lockwood: Meet the greatest actor in the world! I'd rather kiss a tarantula.
Lina: You don't mean that.
Don Lockwood: I dont-- Hey Joe, get me a tarantula. 

Holiday Inn:

Jim, Linda, Ted and Lila
Jim and Ted
Jim and Linda

Quote:

Ted Hanover: I like it here... with you and Linda.
Jim Hardy: And we love having you here. When are you leaving? 

Meet Me in St. Louis:

Esther
Esther and John
Esther and her family at dinner

Quote:

(after John tells Esther he couldn't pick up his tuxedo from the tailor because he was busy playing basketball)
John Truett: This is a fine going away present I'm giving you for Christmas. I'll bet you really hate me.
Esther Smith: Oh, no, John, I don't hate you! I just hate basketball!

The Court Jester:

Hawkins and Ravenhurst
Princess Gwendolyn, Hawkins and Jean
Ravenhurst, Hawkins and Jean

Quote:

(picking his weapon for the joust against Griswold)
Hubert Hawkins: I'll take one of those, one of those, ooh, a couple of those.
(he pauses and glances over at Griswold)
Hubert Hawkins: I'd better take them all.

By the Light of the Silvery Moon:

Marjorie and Bill
Marjorie, Stella (the maid) and Wesley
Marjorie, Bill, and Mrs. and Mr. Winfield

Quote:

Stella (to the camera): Wesley is their second child. If he had been the first, there never would have been a second! Oh... You're probably wondering who I am. Well, don't be so nosy!

You Were Never Lovelier:

Maria Acuna (third from the left) with her sisters and her parents
Maria and Robert
Maria and Robert

Quote:

Robert: When do I start dancing?
Eduardo Acuna: You do not start dancing.
Robert: But didn't you want to see me about-
Eudardo Acuna: About one of my daughters. The one you so gallantly referred to as "the inside of a refrigerator"?
Robert: Oh... but I'm afraid I don't follow you.
Eduardo Acuna: She thinks you're in love with her.
Robert: Would it be rude of me to inquire if insanity runs in your family? 

Bringing up Baby:

Susan and David
Susan and Baby
David and Susan

Quote:

(Susan is stealing David's car from the golf course)

Susan: Now, don't lose your temper.
David: My dear young lady, I'm not losing my temper. I'm merely trying to play some golf!
Susan: Well you choose the funniest places; this is a parking lot!

Do you have any movies you watched all the time when you were little?

Later,
Kathryn (aka Chatty Kathy)

P.S. I found all the pictures on Google Images.

1 chatty people:

Ginger Girl said...

Some awesome classics!!!!!

Sapphire

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com